Kitchen Love

I love to cook. I don't ever want to do it for a living again but I would still like to share. Hopefully I can add 1 recipe a week to this, including ingredients (as accurately as I can), technique and other commentary. I would really love it if some of my friends wanted to join in the fun of contributing or trying to recreate what I have done and giving some feedback. Maybe we can get a collection of kick ass recipes going. If you want to contribute then get in touch with me and we can work something out.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Variant on my bad ass chicken recipe

Well I was really rushed for time tonight and didn't have time to make my "Bad Ass Chicken Recipe" so I made a variant of it. As soon as I get a chance to make it I will post the original but for now this will have to suffice. I have never made this particular variant before so it is kind of an experiment. ;)

I don't really consider this so much of a recipe as it is a method...

Ingredients:

Boneless skinless chicken thighs
Bacon (thin cut)
Your favorite BBQ sauce (mine is Bone Sucking Sauce)

Method:

Take a baking sheet or Pyrex baking pan and cover in aluminum. Put a baking rack in the pan on the aluminum.

Rinse and dry the chicken thighs.

Roll the thighs up and wrap them with a piece or two of bacon, then dip in your favorite BBQ sauce and place on the rack.

Once you have them arranged nice and neat, like so:

Throw them into an oven preheated to 375. Bake for about 40 minutes, turning once and basting. Once the chicken hits an internal temp of 165 it is done.



Serve with rice and a steamed veggie for a simple, easy dinner. Enjoy with your favorite beer.

After making this there are a few alterations that I would make.
1. Given the time I would marinate the chicken in the bone sucking sauce. I think it would enhance the flavor.
2. I should have turned on the broiler on for a few minutes and really crisped that bacon. There is just something about crispy bacon and chicken that is awesome.
3. I think a grill would have been best, with some Bone Sucking Sauce to baste the chicken with as it was cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment